Monday, January 4, 2010

Great Start to 2010

Ok so I said I would tell the story of how "great" my twenty ten started.

It's really not even a story. It's just another chapter in "Boys that don't Sleep".

So, the husband/dad had to work New Years Eve night (no biggie, we got him for Christmas and I'm old right? i have two kids...what would we do anyway?), it was me and the kids home and watching re-runs of AFV (that's Americas Funniest Home Videos folks..side-note: shouldn't it be AFHV? anyway), the greatest show! Kids were in bed around 9:30 and headed to bed shortly there after.  I think I fell asleep around 11:30 (it's what happens when husband is working, anxiety that I'm going to die). Right at midnight I hear fireworks, real, full blown, ILLEGAL fireworks. I lay there chanting "Please don't wake up please don't wake up please don't wake up" and 2 minutes into it....you guess it! WAAAAHHHHHHWWWWAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Crap. Off I go!

It took him about an hour to fall back to sleep. Feeding him isn't even working anymore.  He doesn't stay asleep, so I'm considering dropping that all together and just sitting in the hall way and crying with him until he passes out from exhaustion all the while praying that he doesn't wake up Avery. She is a great sleeper, but who can ignore the screams of a noise with dirt on it!!?

I'll keep you updated on my woes!
Meanwhile, time to get ready for Av's first dance class! She is slightly excited. I wonder if she'll be upset when they aren't dancing to MJ.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the background! So I cant really say anything here today... cause I'm not goin threw what you are goin threw... but good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Thanks anyway les! Someday...someday! And then you can look back at my old blogs and say, oh good, I'm not alone! I should have every answer to every question you will have!

    ReplyDelete