Thursday, January 14, 2010

Check yourself before you wreck yourself and your kids

First of all, be prepared for a few links, I got link happy



Ok, so a few months ago, my sister-in-law turned me onto this blog of a mother of 4 tots.  She has a son almost exactly Jack's age.  From before he was born, the Dr's discovered he had a heart defect and was in heart failure and would probably not survive.  He was born healthy, but has ran into many problems along the way (go to her blog and read the story, it's an amazingly heart tugging one).  At the time I began reading the blog, her son was having a hard time staying alive and there were pictures of him in the hospitol and all I could see when I looked at those pictures was Jack.  It was aweful. I was reading the story and balling.  One of the things I don't think ANY parent should ever have to see (except for birth) is their child laying in a hospitol bed (God what?), I can't help but cringe at the thought. (I know, get real Rachel, it's life, don't live in a fantasy world, life happens, blah blah blah) (And now I was just reading a friends blog and she turned me onto this, again with the sobbing.  Are you freaking kidding me!? Wrong wrong wrong!) This is not what I meant for this post to be about, so.....Anyway, I have followed their story ever since.  It's a fantastic blog. 

So lastnight I was reading her latest entry before bed and began sobbing (I do that a lot lately).  It really made me think about all the times that I snap at my kids or don't want to play the monkey game one more time, don't want to read the story one (5or 10) more time, don't want to go to the park, dont' want to get out of bed and be "on" all day long.  I am so so so blessed with what and who I have in my life and I forget that sometimes.  I forget that things are changing everyday and we can't get yesterday back, ever.  I need to stop putting things off (eating healthy, feeding the kids healthy, doing things the kids want to do, doing laundry, seeing friends and family) until tomorrow and seize the day (today!) (ok, so I've been watching Newsies lately, sue me). 

Today I feel inspired to be great! A great mom, a great wife, a great friend, a great daughter!

In the words of a NFL player, Chad OchoCinco (yes, you read that right, I follow him on twitter and he's neat), BE GREAT!!

1 comment:

  1. i am in the same boat with the "am i done with kids" dilemma. I really have been struggling with it. Still don't know.
    I watch a 5 month old on Tues and Fridays -- he is great -- but I just might get my baby fix out of him -- if I decide to go the "all done" route :)

    ReplyDelete