Friday, December 4, 2009

Give it a whirl


Well, I never really thought I was clever enough to do a blog. I'm not a creative writer, I'm not really that funny, but I do have cute kids! And isn't that reason for most blogs these days? I also am a stay at home mom, and don't most of us have blogs? Because we don't have much else to do, right? Kidding, don't be offended. Is it presumptuous to think that people will want to read about my family? Possibly, but I like to read about other families and know that I'm not the only one going through the things us families go through! So...here we go!


Introduction:


Me, Rachel, the mom. I stay at home with Avery, 4.5, and Jack, 1.2ish. I would not want it any other way. Some people can't handle staying home all day, and there is nothing wrong with that, at all, but I just couldn't leave my babes with someone else all day long! Sure, I like to get away from time to time, but there is no where else I would rather be than home with them. Thankfully, my husband, Bret, the dad, agrees with me! He works full time/and on-call some nights. It's rough, but he does what he has to do to keep me home! Hooray for Dad!


We recently bought, that's right, bought (yikes! what were we thinking! who buys a house in this economy!? WE DO!) a house in Albany. It's in my dream neighboorhood that I partially grew up in. We enjoyed living in Monmouth for the last 8 (me, 9, on and off) years, but were so excited to move on! There is something to be said for living in a small town, but I ran out of thoses things about 2 years ago :) Love to the Monmouth crowd!


Ok, that's all I have time for now, Av wants to play horses :) Hopefully someone will read this :\ and enjoy it! Come back again real soon, I'll try to also.


1 comment:

  1. look -- i'm your first comment :) i'm excited that you have one -- it's fun for me to check out friends blogs. and you are right - you do have cute kids - which makes it that much more fun :) keep it up - i'll be checking back..... :)

    ReplyDelete